Tinnitus is a very difficult and often irritating problem that has common symptoms like, roaring, ticking, ringing or whistling sound in the ears.
Causes of Tinnitus
Tinnitus is an ongoing problem in North America. Sometimes, the symptoms of Tinnitus can signify other health problems.
Causes of Tinnitus
• Hearing Loss: Those who suffer from hearing loss may have tinnitus.
• Strong Medications: Some strong and fast-acting drugs can be the major cause of tinnitus. Consult your doctor to know if your medicine is the cause.
• Loud Noise: Constant exposure to loud noises can cause tinnitus and even permanent hearing damage
• Other Reasons: Allergies, tumours, cardiac issues, blood vessel issues and jaw and neck problems can also lead to tinnitus.
What do you do if you have Tinnitus?
The initial step is to schedule a hearing evaluation with our audiologists. We will conduct and an in-depth analysis including a comprehensive history and audiometric testing followed by a recommendation for the best treatment for your tinnitus. Tinnitus can affect your overall health. If the condition worsens, we will refer you to an ENT Specialist.
You should stay away from smoking, consuming liquor and loud noises if you suffer from Tinnitus. You should always wear ear protection like earplugs if you are exposed to loud noises at home or at work.
Tinnitus Management Types:
A detailed analysis of your hearing health history combined with audiometric testing will help determine which treatment option is right for you.
• Maskers: The tiny electronic devices, tinnitus maskers resemble the hearing aids and are designed to generate sounds that mask or cover up the tinnitus.
• Hearing Aids: These listening devices can improve your hearing along with masking the tinnitus. Some patients even get relief from tinnitus either partially or completely with the use of hearing aids.
• Allergies: Allergies can worsen tinnitus. Getting a proper allergy test done could have significant results on finding an appropriate Treatment.
© 2021 All Rights Reserved By AAROH SPEECH & HEARING CLINIC | Designed By