HEARING AID DOUBTS
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS ABOUT HEARING LOSS AND HEARING AIDS
HOW DO HEARING AIDS HELP ?
1. Most types of hearing loss are classified as sensorineural hearing loss (where the nerve cells of hearing have become damaged due to disease), exposure to loud noise or aging. The bad news is that hearing loss of this kind cannot be naturally recovered, but the good news is that you can make better use of the hearing you still have with the right hearing aids.
2. Hearing aids send an amplified signal to your ear; your surviving hair cells then detect the signal and send the amplified sound to your brain. Your brain then perceives the sound as being louder–resulting in enhanced, effortless hearing.
3. The best way to see if hearing aids will help you is to talk to us and demo a pair for free.
CAN I BUY A HEARING AIDS ONLINE ?
1. The effectiveness of your hearing aids is dependent on how they’re programmed, which is, in turn, dependent on the unique characteristics of your hearing loss. Even if you know exactly which hearing aid you need, the key to making it work is in fitting and programming it, something only a trained hearing expert can do.
2. Making a purchase without having your hearing tested is a big mistake and you’ll likely end up with a hearing aid that won’t work for you. The smart move is to seek the help of a licensed audiologist or hearing instrument specialist. Our professionals are highly trained in testing hearing and fitting hearing aids.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY HEARING AIDS ?
Proper maintenance and care will extend the life of your hearing aids. Make it a habit to:
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE BEFORE I ADJUST TO WEARING MY HEARING AIDS ??
1. The benefits of better hearing are worth the effort, but you need to understand that, like anything new, it’s going to take some time and patience to get used to them. On average, most hearing aid users feel comfortable in their new hearing aids within a couple of months.
2. You may experience some issues with discomfort, distracting background sounds, or the amplified sound of your own voice. This is normal, and problems can either be corrected by fine-tuning the hearing aids or just slowly adapting to the new sounds.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF A HEARING AID WILL HELP ME ?
1. If you think you may have hearing loss, the first step is to schedule an appointment at our office to get your hearing tested. Our hearing professionals are trained to measure your hearing loss and provide expert recommendations for treatment.
WHO TREAT HEARING LOSS ?
1. Audiologists are professionals with a master’s or doctorate degree in audiology, the study of hearing. They specialize in testing, evaluating and treating hearing loss and balance disorders, including the fitting of hearing aids.
2.Hearing Instrument Specialists are trained in fitting and dispensing hearing aids. Hearing Instrument Specialists undergo extensive educational and clinical training and are often state-licensed and board-certified to test for hearing loss and fit hearing aids.
HEARING AID BATTERIES QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
WHAT IS THE LIFE SPAN OF HEARING AID BATTERIES
The lifespan of a battery depends on many factors but generally they will last about 15-17 days. Battery life can also depend on the model of your hearing aid, the level of hearing loss and the demands placed on the hearing aids based on the location where you use them, for example, a very demanding and active listening environment would require more battery drain that a quiet less demanding environment.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHICH BATTERY TO ORDER FOR MY HEARING AID ?
Hearing aid batteries come with a unique number and specific colour which makes it easy to find what you need. Following is a list of easy-to-remember color codes.
#675(Blue) #312(Brown) #13(Orange) #10(Yellow)
HOW TO AVOID RUNNING OUT OF BATTERIES ?
Simply keep a month’s supply of hearing aid batteries on hand, about 1-2 card which is 6-12 batteries, and when you run out, please call us and we will send you more.
WHY BATTERIES DON’T LAST LONG?
Hearing devices require more power to perform many complex functions, amplifying sound correctly especially to fulfill your needs in varying listening environments. Unlike a watch battery that requires only enough power to make it tick.
WHICH IS THE PROPER PLACE TO STORE HEARING AID BATTERIES?
The best place we can recommend you for storing your hearing aid at night is in a bedside table drawer. You will be able to find them in the morning easily. You might also want to keep the spare batteries with you in your hearing aid carrying case. It is not recommended to keep the batteries in the refrigerator. The processes of condensation and moisture can harm them. Also, do avoid extreme temperatures. Room temperature is perfect.
HEARING AID BRANDS AND QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which are the Best Hearing Brands !
• Every individual has unique hearing issues. The hearing aid that best fits your friend, may not be suitable for your hearing needs.
• We at The AAROH SPEECH & HEARING CLINIC have an array of hearing instruments from world-class manufacturers available to us to help us make the best recommendation for you.
Call us to make an appointment and get the best fitting hearing aids today. Have a conversation with our experts to get an in-depth hearing screening to determine what kind of hearing loss you have and what are the best solutions to help. We will work closely with you and recommend the best hearing device that meet your hearing needs, your preferences and budget.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:-
1. HOW DO I KNOW WHICH HEARING AID BRAND IS BEST FOR ME ?
ANS- An audiologist can test your hearing and help you select the most appropriate hearing aids to fit your needs. Let your audiologist know what you’re looking for in the hearing aid, including preferred size and features. They will help you find the brand that caters best to your lifestyle.
2. WHICH HEARING AID HAS THE BEST SOUND QUALITY ?
The hearing aid you select will depend on the severity of your hearing loss. Each powerful in their own way, it is best to consult with your audiologist before picking a brand.
3. WHAT SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR IN MY HEARING AIDS?
Based on the results of your hearing test, your audiologist will advise you on the best type of hearing aid and brand for your needs, as well as how to use and adjust them. It’s important to consider your lifestyle as well.
4. DO SMALLER HEARING AIDS SACRIFICES SOUND QUALITY?
No, modern technology has transformed the hearing aid industry.. If a smaller hearing aid is something that interests you, it’s important to talk to your audiologist and which option is best for you.
5. CAN I GET MY HEARING AID COSTUMED TO FIT IN MY EAR ?
Yes, you can get a custom fit hearing aid from all manufacturers.