Hearing Aid Use & Care
Clean your hearing aid each day and have it serviced regularly to help enjoy optimal hearing conditions, maintain proper hygiene, and extend the lifespan of your hearing aid.
Caring for Your Hearing Aid:
• Always handle your hearing aid with care. Be gentle, and never force anything into place.
• Store your hearing aid in a cool, dry place.
• Change the batteries often to avoid a sudden loss of power.
• Turn off your hearing aid when not in use. Remove the battery if you're not going to use it for a long time.
• Clean the battery contacts regularly with a cotton swab to avoid malfunction. Be careful not to bend the contacts.
• Remove ear wax from your hearing aid to maintain proper functioning. A build-up of ear wax can lead to temporary malfunction where you can't hear properly, or permanent damage.
• Clean your hearing aid regularly with the soft cloth or small brush that came with the hearing aid. Never insert tools or other objects into the sound outlet, as this can damage the receiver. If you're finding it difficult to clean your hearing aid, please ask us for help.
• Change the filters often so they don't collect ear wax or dirt.
• Have your ear canals cleaned by your doctor regularly. Ear wax that builds up in your ear canals can prevent sounds from reaching your middle ear and affect your hearing. Do not remove the earwax from your ear by yourself, as this can damage your ear.
• Don't wear your hearing aid:
o In the shower
o When using a hair dryer, hair spray or other types
© 2021 All Rights Reserved By AAROH SPEECH & HEARING CLINIC | Designed By